Check back regularly for Food from Thought opportunities related to research funding and calls, staff and faculty hirings, and more.
Research Funding Opportunities
There are no research funding opportunities available at this time.
Skills for Communicating Change in Agri-food Scholarship
Information on Food from Thought’s Skills for Communicating Change in Agri-food Scholarship can be found on our Students and Training Programs page.
Policy Fellowship Program
Food from Thought funds the University of Guelph Policy Fellowship program, which brings together senior policy-makers from government, non-profit and industry organizations for three days of meetings at the University of Guelph. Fellows will learn about cutting-edge research that can inform important policy decisions and build networks of experts that can advise on emerging needs.
Fellows are senior-level professionals working at the interface between science and policy in areas related to agriculture, agri-food, and biodiversity, including federal, provincial and local organizations working in the regulatory, food production, processing, retail, food security or environmental sustainability and biodiversity sectors.
To learn more about the University of Guelph Policy Fellowship program or to express your interest in participating, please visit the Policy Fellowship website.
Staff and Faculty Recruitment
The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Communications Manager and other team members, as necessary.
• Provide support with the promotion of Food from Thought-related events, research projects, and general communications.
• Assist with content creation and manage updates to the Food from Thought website.
• Draft social media content and provide analytics monitoring, social listening, and support live event postings.
• Draft blogs and articles for internal and external audiences.
• Monitor Google alerts for media coverage, mentions, and interviews related to Food from Thought researchers and funded projects.
• Prepare communications materials, including infographics, electronic flyers, pamphlets, posters, and other collateral to promote Food from Thought research projects and related activities.
• Assist to write content for the monthly e-newsletter, prepare content for distribution, and provide regular maintenance and updates to the Food from Thought distribution list.
• Participate in meetings related to activities and events.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Demonstrate advanced research and editing skills (press releases, presentations, blogs, feature articles, etc.).
• Interest or experience in developing short summaries of information.
• Creative thinker that has understanding and interest in research, food, and agriculture.
• Team player who is energetic, enthusiastic, and self-directed.
• Ability to take ownership and initiative.
• Knowledge of different social media platforms and/or experience using social media in a professional capacity.
• Website content management experience.
• Interest in multimedia and design.
• Must have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
• 10 -15 hours per week.
• Could be one or two-semester commitment Hours should be completed between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
• Some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
• Hours may vary from week to week.
Wage Range: $16.00 to $19.00/hr., depending on experience.